Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Just another Monday ..

Well actually it's Tuesday, nonetheless another Monday challenge...

1st I have "Every Inchie Monday" theme word ruin. 
I decided I would approach this with a Zentangle*  technique - no preconceived outcome & use tangles that made me think of old ruins. A little too esoteric?? 

Here is my finished piece, a little blurry as I have difficulty getting a clear focus.  I guess I  was thinking Ancient Egyptian ruins - pyramids, pharoahs & mysteries.



Check out all the creative interpretations of "ruin" in an inch of art :Every Inchie Monday

Now for the weekly Challenge from I am the Diva . 

Challenge #105 uses the tangle Dansk.  Once I completed my "tile" ( I use my journal and a 3.5" sq border), I realized I had been influenced by Laura's use of prestwood  as well as dansk.  




Laura is also giving away a Tangle a Day calendar, so post a comment on her blog for a chance to win!

(*zentangle is a registered trademark)


6 comments:

  1. Love your tiny tangled piece. Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job. The shading adds to the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this one, great thinking outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really beautilful tile with great use of tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dansk is wonderful beside prestwood! ...and I like what you've done on the right hand edge with the lines working their way out

    ReplyDelete